Wednesday 18 January 2012

Aaaaah I guess that post I posted weeks ago didn't get posted at all.

Musing of the Day: “Life is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you’re going to get.” What a ridiculous saying. You know exactly what you’re going to get, until they bastardise the orange creams by replacing them with orange truffles. There’s a little leaflet telling you what all the fillings are, look. If life is like a box of chocolates, it’s not because you don’t know what you’re going to get; it’s 1, because it’s just like life to make twice as many hard caramels as every other flavour knowing full well that nobody in the world likes them and every single one will get thrown away with the packaging, untouched, and 2, because it’s also typical of life to sometimes put what all the fillings are on the underside of the box.

     So I uploaded this sometime mid-christmas and returned here only to find I'd actually uploaded it never. Which may be down to my internet being a huge jerk nobody likes or (most probably) I just didn't hit the 'publish' button or something equally blonde...
     So I’m FINALLY getting to play Skyward Sword over Christmas, and OH GOD does it live up to my expectations. It has all the lightheartedness that Wind Waker tried so hard to capture and just flattened by being A Crap Game (although I do miss the darkness in Ocarina of Time and, especially, Majora’s Mask). The artwork is stunning and the graphics live up to it, and the music is just BEAUTIFUL. I’ve also finally got around to getting some random character designs down on paper (as I type this out in Word, I begin to wonder if I actually know how to upload images in Blogger. …Um.)
     (Ah, so apparently yes I do, but for some reason they've scanned in as BMPs, despite my scanner being set to JPG, and crash when I try to upload them. So I suppose these mystery pics will remain mysterious until a later post. Exasperated siiiiigh.)
     …Uh, so basically, I’ve gone into Christmas Meltdown. Or maybe it’s just Biggleswade Meltdown (this place has that effect).  Either way, I know my mental state is deteriorating when I start to smell dinner and take out my headphones to smell it better. Either way, I know I’ll crawl out of this pit of contented lethargy soon enough. I just wish it wasn’t so comfy. In the meantime I shall worry about the big, scary presentation project coming up. I’ve actually changed my mind like a hundred times over which game to review, and now have half-finished powerpoint’s for Shadow of Memories, Majora’s Mask and Psychonauts. really want to go for Majora's Mask, but a Zelda game might be too well-known so I guess I’ll end up going for one of the other two. EITHER WAY, IT’S NEVER GOING TO BE ANYTHING REMOTELY TOPICAL. I’m keeping up my trend of playing games years after I should have if it’s the last thing I do.
     Also, every post from now on will probably be beefed out with contain a ‘Random Musing of the Day’. These will usually be completely irrelevant, and sometimes…they’ll be completely irrelevant. They will never be relevant.
     Peace off, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment